Self-help tips to manage the effects of social distancing, self-isolation and quarantine during the lock down.
- When you wake up in the morning instead of reaching for your phone or your emails take a few minutes to center yourself without the use of any electronics, gadgets, or mobile device.
- Drink a glass of water even if you are not thirsty. Drinking water will get your metabolism going and water will rejuvenate your body. We are 70% water. It will even help with proper bowl movements.
- Stretch. Stretching increases the tension in your muscles and allows blood circulation in your body. The increased blood flow transports oxygen to the cells in your body. There are some great videos on morning stretching exercises on YouTube.
- Stay alone with your thoughts. Pay attention to what you are thinking. Are you feeling a sense of loss, grief, sadness, depression, anxiety OR do you feel relaxed, calm and at peace?
- Wash your face with water. Make sure you wash your ears and to rub your wet hands on your neck specially the backside. The backside of the neck is an extremely sensitive part of our body that connects our brain with the spine and has millions of nerves passing through it. All carrying electrical impulses from our brain to the rest of the body. The backside of your neck is especially susceptible to develop a higher temperature due to excess electrical charge (Think of it as an optic fiber cable that transmits millions of electrical impulses into the various nerves ending in our spine to control our entire body). When you apply water to the back of your neck and face you will notice an immediate calming effect on your nerves. Make sure to do this every time you feel stressed out or locked into a negative thought pattern. It will have an instant effect of breaking your negative thought pattern. This practice will help you to remain in the present.
- During the self-isolation or quarantine time in this pandemic you must try and stay in the present moment at all times. It will not be easy initially, but with practice and careful attention to your thought patterns you will become better at catching yourself when you go into fearful thinking or excessive anxiety.
- How to remain in the present moment? The key is to not think too much about the future. Questions like what will happen if I do not go back to work next month? The key to remaining in the moment is to take every day as it comes. Remember that next month is not here yet. Therefore, why waste your present moment worrying about what has not yet happened? Think about today. What are you going to do today to make a good day? What do you need to do today? Do you have food to eat for today? Do you have the medicines you need for today? Remember you are still alive, you are healthy, you have food, you have a roof over your head and that is all you really need to survive today. Remember that! When tomorrow comes then worry about tomorrow. Do not waste precious moments of the present time that you have. Think about it. In this moment as you read this do you have everything that you need? Chances are you do! So, relax, calm down and take a chill pill. Worrying about problems is never the solution to them anyway. If you stay present and relaxed, you will find creative solutions to the problems you are worried about-facing tomorrow.
- I do this myself and have found this to be extremely helpful when I am feeling low on energy or stressed out about things. If you have access to a garden or grass around you be sure you to walk on it barefoot for 10 to 15 mins. What we as humans often forget that we are a part of this Earth. We are made from the same elements that exist in our planet, therefore maintaining a connection to the earth will recharge you. It will stabilize you; it will ground you and rejuvenate you. Walk barefoot on grass or stone but make sure it is naturally occurring stone such as rock if it is a hard surface. The transfer of electrons or excessive electrical charge from your feet into the earth will be quicker and the calming higher energy frequency of the earth will fill your body with new energy. Do this for 10 to 15 mins at least. The best time to do this is in the morning when the grass is still wet from the dew overnight. The wet grass will enable a more quick and efficient transfer of electrical charge rather than dry grass or stone because the presence of moisture or water will enable an easier flow of electricity from your body into the earth.
- Make sure you do some type of physical activity and make sure that you try your best to break a sweat. You can choose to do anything as long as it gets you sweating and your body moving. I personally enjoy running outside in nature and getting some fresh air. But if you are restricted at home then there are hundreds of videos available on YouTube to check out body weight exercises (for gym freaks). Dance, jump, static running, yoga whatever it is that gets your heart rate up and your muscles working. Exercise is a crucial component in these times to maintain a healthy body and mind connection. Exercise will release endorphins in your brain that will end up giving you that happiness, or joyful feeling which is crucial in these times when everyone around you is feeling afraid.
- Please eat high vibration foods such as vegetables and fruits. Avoid red meat and poultry. Vegetables and fruits contain a high life force energy or Prana. This is the reason why you feel light after eating such food. Vegetables and Fruits are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Your body is a machine. Think about what kind of fuel you are putting in it. Your diet is one of the most important steps to maintaining inner peace and serenity.
- Remember that hobby that you always wanted to pursue, that sweater you wanted to knit, that model plane you wanted to build, that book you wanted to read? Do that! I mean why not? You have all the time in the world now.: )
- Do deep breathing exercises. Deep breathing exercises are a great way to bring you into the present moment because they force you to pay attention to your breath which diverts your attention from the future and the worries to the task at hand. I find it to be a fantastic way to calm my nerves when I am in stressful situations. Take a deep breath, inhale from your nose and the let the air fill up the entire capacity of your lungs and then slowly exhale from your mouth. Do this for 5 to 10 mins. You will notice an immediate physiological effect on your body after this.
- Sit down on the ground in a kneel down position, place your palms on the floor or ground as you do in a push up stance and touch your forehead to the ground and remain in that position for 15 to 20 seconds. No need to count the seconds, the time duration is just an estimate. Repeat this process at least 8 times. You can do more but I have noticed that by the eighth time I touch my forehead on the ground, my head starts to feel lighter. This process works best when you wash your hands face and specially the back of your neck with water and then do this process while you are still wet. Do not dry yourself with a towel. This technique will help the flow of excess electrical charge that builds up in the front part of your brain associated with the conscious mind. The conscious mind is most active during our waking hours and therefore continuously susceptible to the buildup of excess electrical charge. This is why you feel an ache in the forehead area when you are overworked because of the excess electrical charge that needs to be dissipated. This posture will help you neutralize and transfer the excess electrical charge from your head directly into the ground.
- Go out in nature. If you are one of those lucky ones who have access to a beach, mountains, forests around your home then you are in an incredibly good spot. Go out for a run or just take a walk if you are not in a home quarantine. The feeling of moving around and getting out of the house will enable you feel free and prevent the feeling of boredom that often sets in when at home all day long. Remember that the idea to step outside does not mean that you go out with friends or to public spots. Take a detour choose a different trail or a hike where you know there will not be a lot of people.
- Build something. I like to build model crafts such as planes, tanks, and ships. If you can afford to buy one of these easily then I suggest take this time immerse yourself in some creative hobbies such as this. Where the day goes by you will not even notice and you will get a healthy and novel sense of accomplishment from your artwork or craft. For example, in this lockdown I plan on learning pottery. Working with your hands is a terrific way to make you feel engaged and occupied plus you can unleash your own inner artist with this. Build anything! Unleash your inner artist.:)
- Listen to music. Soothing, relaxing music that uplifts your mood and energy frequency is a wonderful way to put you in a relaxed state of mind. There are plenty of videos on YouTube with all kinds of music from piano, jazz, symphony, to lounge and meditative music to uplift your energy frequency.
- Remember emotions have an energy frequency. The heavier emotions such as fear, anxiety, depression, anger, and sadness are associated with lower frequencies while higher frequencies are associated with feelings of peace, joy, love, and ecstasy. All the tips I have shared above will help alleviate your emotional frequency. Thus, enabling you to spend more time in the lighter or higher energy frequencies. When you find yourself at peace, or happy you will automatically start to feel much better about the whole corona virus situation and the lock down that we are all in. Remember it is just a matter of sometime. You can choose to spend this time feeling sad and fearful or you can turn it around by your actions and make it a time of relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Talk to God. Talk about God. I promise you that when you talk about God you will help alleviate your entire energy frequency from fear-based emotions to peace and joy.
God Bless You!